Awesome ideas for lamps!

on Monday, October 20, 2008

Aren't lamps boring? I remember looking for some lamps for our house a few years ago and not finding anything that we wanted. Some of the designs are interesting enough, but far from practical. While others are practical, but they don't fit in anywhere. I found some lamps that are truely unique in their design and even in their function. I'm not saying that these necessarily fit in everywhere either, but at least they aren't boring. Click the image below to see the list.


One of my favorite lamp designs is the Alien Abduction Lamp. I'm not sure where I would put a lamp like this, but I can see it being used somewhere. That is probably one of the cooler ideas for a lamp that I've ever seen. Isn't that cool? What a concept! Click here to read all about where the idea came from and how it has gone from an idea to a reality.
The FlapFlap lamp is also a unique design. I can see making one of these lamps, actually. It wouldn't be too terribly difficult. All you would really have to do is get a stiff tube and make it look like a cord. Wind it up at the bottom like in that picture and attach it securely to a lamp. There are so many light weight lamps like that out there that I can see this one being a fun project to put together. I think I'll give it a shot. :) It would be a great gift for someone.
So I guess the moral of this story is to never underestimate the creativity that still exists out there. Just when you think that everything is boring and it all looks the same, someone will come out with a lamp that floats on its own cord. Brilliant!

0 comments: