Finally (almost) Finished! ...sorta.

on Friday, December 5, 2008

Two years ago I got a call from an artist named Erik Strelich. He found my ad on Craigslist.com and wanted me to build him a website. I sent him a couple concepts that I thought would look good, but it took months to find the right look for his style. Finally after a couple hundred hours of coding, designing, drawing, and planning it is all finished. There are over two hundred images that were edited and modified for the gallery. Erik was one talented artist, that's for sure. I'll never forget what he told me on our first conversation. He said, "I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but there are only two people who carve glass at the caliber that I do. One is me and the other is my mentor." Although he certainly has no match in the world of glass carving, he also had an amazing eye for art. His paintings and drawings are absolutely amazing. I've been to his house and have seen some of these pieces in person. The pictures don't do them justice.


I've still got a few tweaks to make as of today, but I'm pleased to say that the site that I see right now is basically what the site will look like totally finished. :) I'm very pleased with it and it is a great example of what I can do I think. My only regret is that it took two years to complete. You see, Erik died a little over a year ago of a heart condition that he suffered with his whole life. Just as we had settled on a final design, he was taken from everybody. His widow Angie has worked with me to complete the website. I only hope that it represents accurately what Erik would have wanted.

0 comments: