Oh the humanity!!!

on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This post is inspried by my recent cleaning of the garage this week. My garage has a fair amount of stuff on the counters, but I detail cars in there sometimes and I like having everything in reach. Twice a year I'll sweep everything out and start over, so it doesn't really get too bad. I'm reminded of some houses I saw in Dallas that were so bad that you couldn't even open the front door. Then I found this video and way too many memories came rushing back... Get a barf bag ready!

Click here if that video doesn't work.




Seriously now... How the hell do people live like that?? That kitchen.... I nearly passed out!! My real issue is that the guy shooting the video seemed to be pretty mobile. He had at least two arms and two legs since he was walking around and holding the camera. What was wrong with him that keeps him from being able to clean up? Is it seriously easier to complain about the lawn mower being left out instead of putting it away? Of course, the way he was wheezing by the time he got upstairs to his space I would guess that he is two Big Macs away from a heart attack anyway.

He said at one point that he doesn't understand how she can live this way. How can SHE live this way? Dude, doesn't he live in the same house? The answer to his question is in his own little head. How does HE live in that house?? It is revolting.

Here is the crazy part. Did you see the bottles of hand sanitizer in the video? She is probably a germaphobe on top of being insane. I'm just wondering if anything else in that house gets washed other than her hands? The bed is so piled up full of crap that I'm sure those sheets never get washed. How could they? That would create an avalanche of epic proportions!! But hey... at least her hands are purified from 99.99% of common germs. Of course it is environments like that which breed 99.99% of the most uncommon germs, so they probably drink hand sanitizer like orange juice to make them stronger.

Here is the really sad part. People will live like that and then do cartwheels when they get their house upgraded from "disaster area" to "habitable mess." Case in point...



Can that really be called progress? Ok, so maybe it is. Now I'm not saying that I live in a museum where everything is spic and span all the time, but I would never step over a pile of clothes that blocks my path on the stairs or render my kitchen unusable by stacking stuff on top of all of the surfaces and blocking in the fridge and cupboards so the food can do nothing but rot. That is just sickening... I think this is the solution for houses like that...





Yes, that's right. I say jail the owners and send in professionals to clean sweep the sucker and then send them the bill just like they did to that guy. The really sad thing here is that people actually raise kids in that kind of environment. Can you believe that???

So my point on this rant is that you don't have to live in a perfectly clean house, but for heaven's sake at least be able to vacuum your floor once a week. Pile it up on the tables and chairs for all I care, but get it off the stinking floor. Think about your kids for crying out loud. Do you really want them going to school smelling like the garbage that rots in your house? You realize that you get used to the smell after awhile and don't even notice it, right? Well let me tell you that not everybody is as desensitized to the odor as you are. I have people at work that I know live in a pig pen because I can smell them a mile away. You can't live in a trash heap like that and not have other people know about it. I don't care where you live or what culture you come from.. It is never acceptable to live like that. NEVER.

0 comments: